- South Shields
- South Tyneside Festival 2017
- The South Tyneside Festival is an annual three-month celebration of music and culture in South Shields. Soak up the atmosphere at open-air concerts in lush green parkland with spectacular views of golden-sand beaches and soaring cliffs. The musical acts range from chart-topping stars to traditional northern brass bands.
KT Tunstall: Sunday 9 July
The very talented singer song writer, famous for hits such as 'Suddenly I See' and 'Black Horse and the Cherry Tree', will be headlining this open-air concert, set at the heart of South Shields' Seafront. Busted: Sunday 16 July
Famed for hits including Air Hostess, What I Go To School For, Crashed the Wedding and Year 3000, the double Brit-winning pop-rock trio will take to the Bents Park stage on Sunday 16 July. Louisa Johnson plus 5 After Midnight and Jedward: Sunday 23 July
A trio of X Factor stars for the third in this year's South Tyneside Festival Summer Concert series on Sunday 23 July. Sister Sledge plus support: Sunday 30 July
The legendary singing sisters, Sister Sledge, will headline the last event in this year's Sunday Concerts series, held as part of the South Tyneside Festival. After becoming a three-piece when Kathy left in 1989, the band were recently rocked by the death of sister Joni. Now remaining members Debbie and Kim are set to honour and remember Joni at they hit the road this summer. Summer Parade, visitors to the town will be whisked away into a world of fantasy as Once Upon a Time forms the central theme of the Summer Parade Live Music at the Amphitheater, every Thursday and Saturday evening between 1 & 24 June for great outdoor music experiences featuring performances from some of the most talented bands from around the region. Brass Bands at the Amphitheater, every Sunday afternoon throughout June to August. For full event listings and details visit the South Tyneside Festival website.
- May 20th, 2017
- South Shields
- Just Say The Word
- South Tyneside's newest public building - The Word - was officially opened to visitors, today. People were seen queuing since 8am to ensure they were one of the first through the doors of the new-look library and digital media space. The centre spanning over three floors boasts a range of facilities including exhibition space, a computer gaming area, digitised archives and a children's immersive storytelling area. Read more at: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/the-word-receives-thumbs-up-from-visitors-as-the-doors-open-to-the-public-1-8195588
- October 22nd, 2016
- South Shields
- Rory Bremner In South Shields
- Rory Bremner - Partly Political Mon 24th July 2017 Britain's best-known satirical impressionist is back with a fresh lineup including Trump, Boris and Brexit fresh in the memory, Rory's on a mission to make sense (and nonsense) of it all. (Good luck with THAT.) He will be joined by special surprise guests: some politicians, some comedians. Come and work out which is which! Best known for the political satire show Bremner, Bird and fortune which was, for nearly twenty years a mainstay of Channel 4's comedy output Rory's also won back-to-back BAFTAs for Britain's Top Comedy Performances, three Royal Television Society and two British Comedy Awards. He's guested on many of Britain's top comedy shoes on radio and TV, including Spitting Image, Whose Line Is It Anyway, Have I Got News For You, Mock The Week, The News Quiz, The Now Show and QI. - See more at: https://www.customshouse.co.uk/theatre/rory-bremner%3A-partly-political-/#sthash.PL0AC3Uz.dpuf
- June 14th, 2017
News and information can all be found here at Pixelsource. At Pixelsource we really care about the community that we are in and the local economy, we want to help other businesses and make sure that South Shields thrives. This is why we take such an interest in the town that we are based.
- Page 1 of 1